Castle-museum "Schlossfreiheit"


The building "Schloßfreiheit 5", now the Castle Museum, is the oldest surviving house in the city. It was built around 1543 by the brothers Krull, whose portraits have been preserved in the form of medallions on the left and right of the entrance door. The museum documents the history of the castle and raises their sovereign land pre-eminence they got under Emperor Charles IV in the 14th Century.

Contact person: Mrs Brückner


Schloßfreiheit 5
39590 Tangermünde
Phone: 039322 92844

Business hours:

april until October
Thuesday until sunday 10.00-17.00 o´clock